Saturday, April 17, 2010
After installing the rudder pedals, I installed the brake master cylinders and lines. I had hoped to fill the system, but found I need to use a special kind of aviation brake fluid which won't eat the seals. I have it on order and hope to complete next week.
I decided to install the seats so that I could climb in see how things felt. It was hard to determine if the rudder pedals were friction-free enough by using just my hands. After climbing in, my feet confirmed that they feel pretty good.
My Harbor Freight pneumatic riveter crapped out, so had to use a hand puller on stainless steel 3/16" rivets. Only way I could do it was use channel locks to squeeze the gun to generate enough leverage.
Zip ties were used to tension the underside of the seat fabric.
It took a solid day to get this done.
Sunday, April 11, 2010
Since I'm awaiting Sunbrella fabric material to line the interior of the boot cowl, I decided to final install the rudder pedals and floor boards. The rudder and brake controls are actuated redundantly through push-pull tubes between fore and aft pedals.
Posted by Rob at 4/11/2010